Friday, February 22, 2013

Animal Print Clothing History

Wearing animal print clothing is pretty much a Black thing. My ancestors has been killing exotic animals for clothing since the beginning of time. It is still part of our culture now to wear animal print clothing and have animal print accessories like bedding and house decor. Its all part of our heritage. When I see other people wearing animal print clothing and buying our other accessories in the store, it makes me think about the fact that they are only doing it because its a popular thing to do. They don't want to be left out of the loop when it comes to fashion so they'll wear what's out and trending. Some things you just have to leave to other people. We would love to keep all of our imports that come from Africa, but that won't happen as long as the White people control the imports and exports in this country. Some things shouldn't be shared and we as a people have always had our things stolen from us and spread abroad, forcing us to try and keep our heritage alive by keeping what's left of our art, figurines, etc. What would I look like wearing clothing from Russia knowing that I'm not Russian? It wouldn't look right and having Russian art and other stuff from Russia in my home would make me look very strange to everyone that know me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment